aleatory contract

my own personal Waterloo

Saturday, March 31, 2007

i want to see a marshmallow peeps version

your own
chocolate
jesus

a saviour that you can eat
a saviour that's sweet....

not content with getting low-level staffers fired from presidential campaigns and running batshit-crazy half-page ads on the NY Times op-ed page, bill donohue has now turned his wrath toward a sculptor who dared to depict jesus on the cross.... NAKED! AND WITH A PENIS!

he's actually angrier about the penis than about the medium of the sculpture, which i find odd, since he has yet to mount a campaign against, you know, the renaissance.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the fuck does he think Jesus was crucified in, a tux? Has Bill Donohue actually read the Bible? Hang on, I'm so mad I'm actually going to go look for a relevant quote.

3/31/2007 5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Then the soldiers, when they had crucifed Jesus, took his garments, and made four parts, to each soldier a part; and also his coat: now the coat was without seam, woven from the top throughout. They said therefore unto themselves, Let us not rend it, but cast lots for it, whose it shall be: that the scripture might be fulfilled, which saith, They parted my raiment among them, and for my vesture they did cast lots. These things therefore the soldiers did." (John 19:23-24, KJV)

So the implication is that the Romans stripped him before putting him up. (This is remembered in the tenth Station of the Cross, which any Catholic should be familiar with, especially during Lent.) There's a long-standing tradition in Christian iconography that they left him a loincloth, but as far as I can tell that isn't based so much on scripture (much less on the common practice of the Romans) so much as on not wanting to decide just how big to paint the Lord's wang.

3/31/2007 6:09 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

That reminds me Anne I need my Jesus Jello mold back. I'm making desert for the church social. They're expecting me to top my Mother Teresa (soon to be St. Teresa, right? XD XD) shaped risotto from last year. I'm gonna need the Son of God on my side to do it and he's going to be sugar-free, believe it! Send it priority next-day shipping plzkthnkbai.

4/02/2007 11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home