aleatory contract

my own personal Waterloo

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

i'd no idea so many savvy types frequented my blog - or, indeed, that anybody frequented my blog at all. since you do evidently exist....

QUICK QUIZ!

what adobe bundle do i most covet? i realise that flash and web design are far more lucrative than print gigs, but my heart lies in publishing. Creative Suite Premium seems a good choice and is available with academic pricing. even if it doesn't include flash, is that the way to go, or ought i investigate a more web-friendly bundle?

1 Comments:

Blogger Nate said...

It's definitely valuable to get Remi's perspective, too. It would be hard for me to argue too hard against him, since my evidence is pretty anecdotal. I've just known a fair number of designers who've switched to more web-based trades to follow employment opportunities.

I do think that if you become a good designer, secondary stuff can follow, so it may be best to follow what you want to do most. Me: I love web design, so I can't imagine not wanting to learn Director. That said, Creative Suite Premium is an excellent choice for either web or print design. You can apply Illustrator skills to Flash much later on, and with not much effort.

1/18/2006 8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home