aleatory contract

my own personal Waterloo

Sunday, April 27, 2008

i'm pretty sure the Universe is trying to tell me to stop wasting time on the internet. i think the message finally got through. kind of sucks that i've had to be hounded off damn near every blog on the internet, save shakesville before the message got through, but there you are. if it's not obama vs clinton, it's the AM/seal press affair, and i'm sick of all the bullshit on both fucking sides and i am done. i'ma go read comic books. (not the Golden Age kind, i should specify.)

weirdly, though, the latter fight has made me understand a bit more clearly what people who don't yet understand how to see certain coded types of bullshit go through. it's also made me understand what it can be like to think you're having a discussion in good faith and then feel like you've just been pissed on. and it's made me understand why some people, rightly or wrongly, whether or not that pissing was in some sense deserved, just decide not to engage in the first place. and i'm disengaging. i will cede the feministe comments to the feminists who have decided they don't want to be feminists anymore, so they can remind each other of all the reasons to hate the inevitably racist white women while they moon over the inscrutable wisdom of those wise orientals. shrug.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah. There's not a lot of productive conversation going on right now.

4/27/2008 11:06 AM  
Blogger anne said...

i hope there will be again, sometime. right now the most productive thing seems to be disengaging.

4/27/2008 11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I told myself I was staying away, but I kept getting sucked back in. In case you haven't gotten sucked back in, you might not know that Jill's quitting

4/29/2008 3:26 PM  
Blogger anne said...

man, that sucks.

otoh, now it's that much easier to avoid getting sucked back in myself.

4/29/2008 7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home